Training week two went quickly but wasn't without its share of challenges. You may have heard about a "significant weather event" that hit most of the US? Yeah, we got that. It pretty much wiped out two days of training for me. OK, I LET it wipe out two days of training. I definitely could have done some indoor training, I just chose not to. Oh well. I made up the workouts later in the week, so I don't feel too bad about it. Here's how the week went:
- Sunday: Uh, I don't have anything recorded, so I think I may have skipped that day's workout. Oops.
- Monday: 3.1 miles in 36.5ish minutes; 11:46 pace: This is the day the storm started rolling in, but I managed to get to the rec center to do my required 3 miles. Oh, and I did 30 minutes or so of upper body strength stuff while I waited for a 'mill, so I guess I made up Sunday's missed workout.
- Tuesday: Snow day--didn't do a thing.
- Wednesday: Snow day--At least 30 minutes of shoveling has to count for something, right?
- Thursday: 40 minutes of spin
- Friday: 3 mile treadmill run, 33:45ish minutes, 11:15 pace: This is the run I should've done Wednesday.
- Saturday: 4 mile treadmill run, 44:04 minutes, 11:01 pace: My required 4 mile run. I didn't have high hopes going in since I'd done 3 miles the day before, but it was surprisingly good treadmill run. Felt great most of the time and even kicked up the speed quite a bit on a few songs. The strangest thing was that at this rec center, the 'mill is RIGHT in front of the wall of mirrors so I looked at myself the whole run. It was a little bizarre, but at least I had a great view. :P
All in all, despite the weather challenges, it ended up being a pretty good week. I ended on a high note which always makes the whole week seem better. Next week should be interesting. I start increasing miles slightly, 3.5 for my regular weekly runs and 5 miles for the long run, which will be my longest run ever. I'm oddly excited! And I hope the weather is decent come Saturday because I really would prefer to do that run outdoors.
Oo! Oo! I almost forgot--I weighed in at under 180 today, y'all! Only 4.5 pounds until my goal weight!