Thursday, January 13, 2011

Feeling the burn

After work yesterday, I ran right home, popped in my new-fave exercise DVD, Bob's Killer Cardio (that's not the actual name, but it works for me), and proceeded to bust my butt--and my quads and my shoulders--for an hour. It's a hard hour, but I always feel FANTASTIC when it's over. And that was after doing 6w6p in the morning, so it was a double workout day for me. Woot!

It wasn't until one point during one of the hardest quad segments in the routine that I remembered, "Oh! I have spin class tomorrow! The class where the whole 40 minutes is focused on leg strength!" Uh yeah.

I can walk today, but I'm stiff and a quick flex of my legs tells me that there's more than a little soreness there. I wonder how long it'll take in class before my legs simply fall off? Who knows. Maybe I'll be surprised at how much I can do on sore legs. It's a test of mind over matter, right?

And the good news is that today was the last day of my between-friends, 7-day workout challenge so tomorrow is a REST DAY. Lord knows my little legs need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment