Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week in Review: Training Week 11

Holy cow! I almost forgot to post a training report. Not that anyone was worried or even missing the silly thing, but man. Here were are, mere DAYS away from the half, and I haven't even reported on my training. Tsk, tsk.

Without further ado...

I realize that I sort of did a wacky report last week since my long run was on a Friday. So, I guess this week will go Saturday to Saturday? Oh, who cares anyway. ;)
  • Saturday--Fitness, Ripped in 30 L1: I started a new challenge with the Shredheads group I follow on Twitter, where we're all (supposed to be) doing the Jillian Michaels DVD Ripped in 30 every day for the month of April. This was Day 1, as I am only doing it on my non-run days. Good workout, very typical of her 3-2-1 style.
  • Sunday--Brew 2 Brew Leg, 5.6 miles, ?? minutes, ?? pace: My part in the B2B relay, that was more of an experience than a race. A great day, even if the run itself was pretty miserable. You can read the full report in my previous post.
  • Monday--Fitness, Ri30 L1: More Ripped in 30.
  • Tuesday--Run, 5.18 miles, 1 hour, 11:34 pace: 5am run with a friend. Lots of walk breaks, I had a bit of a cold which made a little "meh" about the whole thing, but I needed to get in 5 miles and we did.
  • Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...Oh, who the hell knows. Why do I even bother trying to report this stuff. Srsly. Pft.
  • Saturday--MY LAST LONG RUN! Woo, hoo! 10 miles! 2:03! 12:21 pace!: Okay, so the time/pace aren't that great, but for my first double-digit mile ever? I DON'T CARE. I got up early to run before it got too hot, and I'm so glad I did. I opted to go without the iPod because I was in love with the birds chirping, and I ran as the sun rose and the town slowly woke up. The first 5 miles were great--I felt awesome, my energy was good. I'd planned to run the same 5 mile route twice so I could stop at my car for a water refill halfway through, and that worked out really well. The second half of the run was slower and definitely more trying, especially miles 8-10. Every fiber in my legs hurt those last two miles, but I finished. I did it! Yahoo!!
This week is taper week, which I'm embracing in grand style in that I haven't done squat. I know I need to do SOMETHING, but this week has been so busy I haven't had time to get any miles in. But I'm so excited that in just a few days M will be here and we'll be psyching ourselves up for a half marathon! Yahoo! I can't believe I've come this far and that the big day is almost here! I imagine the next post you see will be my first-ever Half Marathon Race Report.

1 comment: